Well I have finished a baby blanket set with sweater, booties & headband. My wife requested this set for a baby shower gift. I like how everything turned out!
I had the pattern for the sweater, which I altered a bit, and I wanted to make the blanket with the same pattern. It took me a little bit to figure out the size I wanted and then took my gauge from the sweater to figure out how many chains to start with. I surprised myself that I got it right on the first try! Usually when creating a pattern it takes me at least a couple tries before I get it right.
All in all I really like the blanket, except for the border. I wanted to keep it similar to the sweater, but I should have only done one round in the white instead of two. It doesn’t look bad at all, it’s just the perfectionist in me!
Here are the pics I took of the set. Please excuse the lighting as I was having trouble today getting it right so I had to edit the photos to brighten them up.
Let me know what you think of this set!