- I made this shawl with Lion Brand Yarn®, Just My Stripe, in the color Licorice. However, this yarn I used is a self striping yarn which gives the subtle color changes between each shade. I like how soft the yarn is and how well it holds its shape after washing and blocking. Also, the pattern is just right for this shawl and shows off the detail within.
- I measured this shawl at approx. 64″ x 15″ (163cm x 38cm). I have labeled this as a “petite shawl” due to the length of it down the back. For instance, this would make a great summer or winter accessory! Don’t forget, the air conditioning in buildings, restaurants and even churches gets pretty cold in the summer! I think it’s also very easy to wrap on your shoulders when you are chilled and just as easy to throw it off when too warm.
📫 U.S.P.S. Economy shipping is FREE to all US customers!
For all other handmade items I recommend:
Machine or Hand Wash:
- Wash in machine on gentle cycle, cold/warm water (never hot), no bleach and do not dry clean. Hand wash in clean sink with mild laundry detergent.
- With hand washing, rinse in cool water then gently squeeze the item to remove the excess water.
- Do not ring out the water because ringing may cause some stretching of the fibers.
- Once the excess water is removed, place the item on top of a clean, fully opened bath towel. If the item is a blanket, carefully fold the blanket in half a couple of times so it fits within the towel. Other items just lay them flat in the center of the towel.
- Starting at one of the short ends of the towel, start rolling the towel up along with the washed item inside. Once rolled, stand on the towel and press down with your feet to squeeze out the remaining water.
Unroll the towel and pick up the item so it does not hang down, and place on another clean, dry towel to air dry.
- I recommend air dry or very low heat in a dryer, and remove the item promptly when just about dry to prevent over drying and damage to the item.
- If you air dry your item, lay flat to dry on a clean bath towel. DO NOT hang to dry as this may damage the item by stretching it.